Rolling health: Vegetables rich in vitamins, folic acid and potassium, 3 types of legumes that provide plenty of protein, fiber and minerals, and one whole wheat flour tortilla that contributes to a long-lasting sense of fullness.
Ingredients for 4 servings
4 (pre-packaged) whole wheat tortillas
8 tbsp cooked haricot beans (with no tomato sauce) *
8 tbsp chickpeas *
8 tbsp edamame beans (without the pods) *
2 ripe tomatoes, cubed
4 tbsp chopped mint leaves
2 cucumbers cut into small cubes
2 yellow peppers cut into small cubes
1 finely chopped red onion
Pinch of iodine rich salt
Pinch of ground black pepper
* Canned legumes can be used but we recommend soaked and cooked legumes or frozen legumes
- Mash the haricot beans with a fork into a paste, add olive oil, salt and pepper
- Spread the paste onto a tortilla
- Cut the vegetables, place on the tortilla, add the edamame (podded) and the chickpeas
- Season to taste with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper…
- Roll and wrap in silver foil
About the recipe:
- Easy to prepare and suitable for the whole family including children. Common ingredients combined with ingredients children don’t usually try. Shared preparation and eating help children experience different and varied ingredients.
- All recipes formulated in accordance with the Ministry of Health’s Nutrition Division guidelines, and the Ministry of Health’s Education Supervision as part of the “EfshariBari” initiative at schools.