Spelt Flour Crackers
Looking for something crispy that goes well with healthy spreads or beside vegetables, as an easy dish or at the park? Here is a simple recipe for crackers that will get the job done.
Spelt flour crackers
- 5 cups spelt flour
- One tablespoon salt
- One tablespoon sesame seeds
- One tablespoon dried yeast
- 1.5 cups lukewarm water
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup black cumin seeds
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- 1 egg
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Mix the yeast together with the lukewarm water in a shallow dish / cup, and leave for about 10 minutes.
- Add the water and the melted yeast, the olive oil and finally the salt to the flour while stirring and kneading (by hand or in a mixer).
- Place the dough in a covered bowl and leave to rise for about 30 minutes.
- Divide the risen dough into 3 balls of equal size.
- Flatten each ball between two sheets of baking paper on a tray (the size of the baking paper / standard oven tray).
- Remove the top layer of the baking paper.
- Sprinkle the seeds over the flattened dough: shelled sunflower seeds, shelled pumpkin seeds, black cumin seeds, flax seeds.
- Replace the upper baking sheet on top of the dough over the seeds to flatten it again and press the seeds into the dough.
- Remove the upper layer, glaze with egg using a brush.
- Using a knife or a pizza cutter, cut into squares / diamond shapes.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at medium temperature (approx. 180 degrees) for about 10 minutes or until the crackers have turned golden brown.
Recipes for a Family Meal